Career Services sponsors several career fair opportunities over the course of the year, especially Job Pursuit and the Classical School Job Fair. Here are some key tips to remember when you go.
- The worst way to greet a recruiter is to ask “What does your company do?”
- If you attend with a friend, separate to make the rounds.
- Practice your pitch on a few of your second choice employers first to warm up.
- Exit appropriately. After a pleasant, short conversation, say “It was nice to meet you” and start to walk away. If the recruiter wants to know something else, they will stop you from leaving.
- If you are given contact info by a recruiter, send a brief thank you note after the event.
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Lexington Lansing Hotel - Lansing, MI
(Open only to students from participating schools)
Fifth Annual Classical School Job Fair
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Grewcock Student Union