The Truth About Obamacare:
Does Government-Run Healthcare Work?
Sally C. Pipes President and CEO of Pacific Research Institute
Download PowerPoint Version
With a historic vote, the 2,500 page "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" was signed into law March 23
How do we achieve universal coverage while at the same time reducing the cost of heath care?
Our new healthcare system
Democrats' passing of healthcare reform
Repeal and replace
The "Patient Protection and Affordability Act"
The Main Pillars of Obamacare
- Achieving universal coverage and lower costs
- Medicare and medicare advantage programs
- Excise taxes on insurance, drug, and device cos
- State-run insurance exchanges
- Individual mandate necessitated by GI and CR
- Employer mandate
- Small business
- Public option
- Health savings accounts