The purpose of the Association will be to assist Hillsdale College in the service and advancement of its mission.
Founded in 1844 “to furnish all persons who wish, irrespective of nation, color, or sex, a literary and scientific education…and to combine with this, such moral, social and artistic instruction and culture as will best develop the minds and improve the hearts of the students,” Hillsdale College is dedicated to difficult but noble ends. In concert with the parents of its students, the College cultivates moral, spiritual and intellectual virtues that are good in themselves and necessary for self- governing, free citizens.
The Association advances these ends by promoting them and soliciting support for them among parents. Through involvement in College projects and functions, fundraising and student recruitment and effective communication with parents and others, the Association serves students by helping the College enrich students’ lives and ennoble their humanity.
All parents of the Hillsdale College students will be members of the Hillsdale College Parents Association. For membership information to the PASC, please contact Mary Ewers, Director of Parent Relations, or any member of the PASC.
CHAIRS OF SUB-COMMITTEES
SUB-COMMITTEES OF THE PASC
1. Fundraising Sub-Committee: The Fundraising Sub-Committee will assist with the Parent-to-Parent Phonathons and with other college approved fundraising activities. For more information, please email the Sub-Committee Chair, Kathy McDonald.
2. Events Sub-Committee: The Events Sub-Committee will contact parents concerning various college related gatherings held on and off campus. For more information, please contact Sub-Committee Chairs, Bruce and Elitza Meyer.
3. Freshman/New Parent Sub-Committee: The Freshman/New Parents Sub-Committee will help coordinate parent volunteers for the College’s varied, “new student” activities, in efforts to welcome new parents to campus and invite them to be active members in the Parents Association Steering Committee (PASC). For more information, please email the Sub-Committee Chairs, Jim and Sheila Banovetz.
4. Career Opportunities Sub-Committee: The Career Opportunities Sub-Committee will coordinate parent volunteers as a resource pool for potential internship and job opportunities, to support the efforts of the Career Services Office. For more information, please email the Sub-Committee Chair, John Keim.
5. Recruiting/Admissions (HCAAP) Sub-Committee: The Hillsdale College Admissions Assistance Program (HCAAP) Sub-Committee will seek out parent volunteers to participate in our nationwide recruiting efforts. For more information, please email Ben Korom.
6. The Hillsdale Parents Prayer Partners Sub-Committee is open to those who would like to be part of a prayer team that prays for the needs of the College including students, faculty and staff. Prayer requests are submitted via email, and twice monthly Prayer Partners receive a prayer letter via email that includes items for prayer. For more information, please email the Sub-Committee Chair, Karen Blaauw.
© 2007-09 Hillsdale College. All rights reserved.