Information Technology Services
Information Technology Services (ITS) touches every person at Hillsdale College, in one way or another, nearly every day. Today, since almost every innovation or new device the College employs has a digital component, ITS is involved in almost everything.
ITS provides the technology (in the form of high-speed fiber optic and wireless networks) that connects the devices and systems that all College students and staff use to create, communicate, store, search, and retrieve the information vital to the day-to-day operation of this College.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Knorr Student Center, Lower Level
33 E College St.
Hillsdale, MI 49242
The services ITS offers include the following:
- electronic mail, calendaring, tasking, contact lists, notes, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, databases, notes, task lists
- setup and maintenance of desktop, laptop, and tablet computers
- printers, copiers, and scanners
- heating and cooling system control
- building entry system operation and security camera monitoring
- centrally located application servers on campus and every other web-based service available
Academic technology at Hillsdale includes an enterprise Learning Management System (Blackboard Learn), classroom computers, Audio/Video-equipped classrooms, and computer labs. The four computer labs available in various locations around the campus offer Mac and PC platforms, and at least one lab is open and staffed by a lab technician between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. on weekdays while classes are in session. Additional resources for guest lecturers, teleconferencing, lecture capture, and other special needs may also be made available through the ITS offices on a case-by-case basis.