Kappa Kappa Gamma was founded October 13, 1870, at Monmouth College, in Monmouth, Illinois. In 1881 the Kappa Chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma was founded at Hillsdale College. Originally, members of Hillsdale’s Kappa Kappa Gamma held their meetings on the top floor of East Hall, which stood next to Central Hall. From there they moved their meetings to what is now the Alpha Tau Omega house, previously the home of former President Mauck. The expansion of their current house enabled them to add additional bedrooms, a chapter meeting room, and a guest bedroom. Kappa Chapter has consistently earned honors as a top sorority nationally.