The Purpose and Structure of the Constitution
Friday, November 12, 2021
Marriott DFW Airport South
4151 Centreport Dr, Fort Worth, TX 76155
Seating is limited; please register early.
A one-day seminar for middle and high school teachers of civics, social studies, and history. Participants will explore the purpose and structure of the Constitution. They will consider such questions as: What are the principles underlying the Constitution? Why is representation essential to constitutional government? What’s wrong with delegation? How is separation of powers supposed to work, and how does it work today? Lectures and discussions will be led by three Hillsdale College faculty members:
- Dr. Adam Carrington, Associate Professor of Politics
- Will Morrisey, Professor Emeritus of Politics
- Dr. Kevin Portteus, Lawrence Fertig Professor of Politics
This seminar is entirely free of charge.
(Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.)
All participants will receive:
• books to supplement the lectures;
• a pocket copy of the Constitution;
• a certificate of attendance.