The Purpose and Structure of the Constitution
Friday, April 23, 2021
Marriott Orlando Airport Lakeside
Seminar is full; please register for the wait list.
A one-day seminar for middle and high school teachers of civics, social studies, and history. Participants will explore the purpose and structure of the Constitution. They will consider such questions as: What are the principles underlying the Constitution? Why is representation essential to constitutional government? What’s wrong with delegation? How is separation of powers supposed to work, and how does it work today? Lectures and discussions will be led by three Hillsdale College faculty members:
- Dr. Adam Carrington, Associate Professor of Politics
- Dr. Ronald Pestritto, Charles and Lucia Shipley Professor of the American Constitution
- Dr. Kevin Portteus, Lawrence Fertig Professor of Politics
This seminar is entirely free of charge.
(Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.)
All participants will receive:
• books to supplement the lectures;
• a pocket copy of the Constitution;
• a certificate of attendance.