Getting Creative: Recipes You Can Make in Saga
Written by Emma McCormick
Affectionately called Saga (the previous foodservice provider has fewer syllables than the current one), Bon Appétit foodservice provides nineteen meals a week to students in the Grewcock Family Dining Room. Sometimes, these meals need to be spiced up. The recipe ideas below add some variety to the weekly menu.
- Poor Man’s Mocha – Mix hot chocolate or chocolate ice cream and coffee for some necessary flavor (and unnecessary sugar).
- Rice Krispie Treat – Microwave Rice Krispies with marshmallows. Add peanut butter or use cocoa puffs for something different.
- Ice Cream Float – Add some soda to ice cream for a delicious treat.
- Panini – The panini press jazzes up any sandwich.
- Quesadilla – When there are tortillas on Tuesdays, fill one with cheese and whatever you like, and use the panini press.
- Frosted lemonade – Recreate a Chick-fil-A favorite with vanilla ice cream and lemonade.
- Omelet – For weekend brunch, add extras to omelets from the salad bar.
- Ice Cream Sandwich – A little soft serve between two cookies goes a long way.
- Salad – Depending on what is available—pear, feta, Craisins, balsamic vinegar—you can make a delicious combination.
- Egg Sandwiches – Special-order eggs over easy, toast a bagel or English muffin, and top it off with cheese. You can also microwave it to melt the cheese if you like.
Emma McCormick, ’19, is an economics major from Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, where she loves to get outside to hike, camp, and ski. She started the Outdoor Adventures Club to try to keep that up in Hillsdale. She is the Public Relations officer of Praxis, and an RA in Olds Dorm. When she isn’t studying, or working at AJ’s, you might find her outside running.