Accounting is the backbone of all successful businesses. You’ll become fluent in best business practices, tax law, principles of auditing, and how to interpret information in both an economic and social context. Through additional required courses in foreign language, sciences, or mathematics, you can broaden your career prospects in the global marketplace. Accounting is offered as a major and a minor.
God blessed me with some small measure of ability and I believe my calling in this life is to use it to help others learn.
Michael P. “Doc” Sweeney, Accounting
Food For Thought—Lunch and Lessons in Leadership
The speakers program, Food For Thought—Lunch and Lessons in Leadership, brings executives in business and industry to the Hillsdale campus and gives students and faculty the opportunity to hear first-hand the lessons of these business leaders.
Recent speakers have included:
- Paul Hogan, Chairman of Home Instead, Inc.
- George Seaberg, Founder of Seaberg Industries, Inc.
- Vince Benedetto, Founder of Bold Gold Media Group
- Niles Emerick, Training and Development Field Manager for Apple
- Vincent J. Naimoli, Founder of the Tampa Bay Rays
Accounting Honor Society
Members of the Accounting Honor Society are chosen by the accounting faculty based on academic excellence.