WRFH Radio Free Hillsdale 101.7 FM
WRFH, Hillsdale College’s student radio station, is open to all students who wish to take part in either on-air or behind-the-scenes roles in broadcast communication. Opportunities exist for show hosts, interviewers, newscasters, reporters, and more. Radio Free Hillsdale 101.7 FM gives students an opportunity to learn and practice broadcast journalism and gain skills relevant to any number of future careers.
Hillsdale College also operates the Boyle Radio Studio at the Allan P. Kirby Center for Constitutional Studies and Citizenship in Washington, D.C. The Hillsdale studio and the Boyle studio can connect instantaneously using Comrex Access technology.
Hillsdale students can contribute to Radio Free Hillsdale 101.7 FM from Day 1 instead of waiting until their junior or senior year to be directly involved with station operations.
Radio Free Hillsdale 101.7 FM features a news/talk/spoken word format with newscasts at the top and bottom of every hour. Students also deliver weather forecasts and sportscasts through the day.
Students have the ability to:
- Operate ENCO DAD broadcasting automation software.
- Access news stories and sound bites from The Associated Press.
- Broadcast play-by-play coverage of selected Hillsdale athletic teams or a sports talk show.
- Use Adobe Audition, the industry standard in audio-editing software.
- Produce promos for station programming and public service announcements.
- Promote the station within the community and online.
- Connect with great internships and jobs around the country.